It looks like the wait is nearly over. If progress continues with the roll out of the COVID vaccine and there are no more spikes in cases causing another lockdown, then we will be able to meet from September 14th. Yes, this year! There are still details to be considered by the committee, but we will work to iron out any problems. We will need your cooperation as we make some changes but I know we will all do our best to keep one another safe.
In the meantime, as this message is so dry, unlike the current weather, I think we need some humour to liven things up. I hope some of these bloopers that actually appeared in church bulletins may tickle your funny bone. They did mine!
- Ushers will eat latecomers
- Don’t let worry kill you. Let the church help.
- Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.
- The peace-making meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.
- Weight Watchers will meet at 7pm. Please use the large door at the side entrance.
- The senior choir invites any member of the congregation who enjoys sinning to join the choir.
- Low Self-Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 to 8.30pm. Please use the back door.
- This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs Lane to come forward and lay an egg on the altar.
- Miss Charlene Mason sang “I will not pass this way again” giving obvious pleasure to the entire congregation.
- The Pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday morning.
Best wishes for a very happy June!