This is an idea which has come from CTWW and will be introduced in more detail at the Quiet Day being held on Saturday 30th May as part of ‘Thy Kingdom Come’ – the zoom details were sent out in an earlier email. Packs would be prepared that can be given to people who have been bereaved, both those known to our church communities and also via funeral directors. At a time when many people are not able to have the funeral service they would like, Elders felt it sounded like an initiative we would like to be able to support.
A pack would include
- a cross (maybe in wood, or other material)
- hand-painted forget-me-knot card
- A ‘Gift of Remembrance’ booklet (sourced from the Methodist Church)
- Crochet or knitted (or other craft) forget-me-not flower
- Packet of forget-me-not seeds
- Tealight candle
- Our own prayer of blessing and invitation to contact someone, possibly on a laminated card.
How can we help?
- make some items to go in the packs: knitted or crochet flowers, hand-painted cards, little crosses. Let me know what you are doing, and I can arrange collection
- volunteer to make up some of the packs (items and instructions would be delivered to you)
- suggestions of poems or prayers or favourite words you think might be helpful would also be gratefully received
CTWW hope that this might be a fruitful ongoing ministry in our community. If you would like to help in any way, or could offer to coordinate our response please do get in touch with me.